For more details about specific workshop times or about the club field trips, please click or tap on the time slot on the calendar and a window with more information will open.
Field Trip: Gravel Pit
February 12, 2023
We are hosting a field trip this Sunday February 12th to the local private Gravel Pit to look for agate, opal, jaspers and all the pretty rocks! This is a family friendly site; 10 minute paved drive so no 4x4 needs - a great first field trip to come to!
How do I participate?
- Meet Trip Leader Tony ~8:45am on Sunday February 12th at the west end of the Vernon Walmart parking lot (near Taco Del Mar) to register before the convoy departure. If you need to reach Tony, you can do so at 250-351-5499 (or firstname.lastname@example.org) but no calls after 8 PM or before 9 am.
- We LEAVE AT 9AM SHARP so come a little early for registration, specimen samples and valuable instruction! *New members are always welcome to join / sign-up at the field trip registration!
What should I bring?
- Equipment: Bring a container for your treasures, spray bottle, a long handled 3/4 prong rake (optional) that's it! (No hammers, chisels, shovels etc. needed - easy picking!)
- Personal: Bring camera, lunch, snacks, refreshments to stay hydrated, so appropriate footwear (boots) and clothing suggested (layers/ waterproofing).
- Your enthusiasm, excitement and have fun!
We hope to see you there!
The Vernon Lapidary & Mineral Club