Skip to content
Constitution of Vernon Lapidary and Mineral Club
April 10 2019 adopted
Names and Objectives:
- The name of this Club shall be ‘The Vernon Lapidary and Mineral Club’
- The Objectives of the Club shall be to:
- Promote and encourage the collection and study of gemstones, minerals, etc. and the study of historical and geological conditions within B.C.
- To encourage the exploration of Lapidary material and minerals, plus locating historical geological formations through Field trips.
- To follow the British Columbia Lapidary Society” Code of Ethics”.
- To promote the cutting and polishing of rock and gem material (known as lapidary). This hobby work is to be defined as activity that does not require a license.
- To encourage closer association and dissemination of knowledge on mineralogy and earth sciences with allied clubs and educational organizations.
- To publicize the work of the Club within the BC Lapidary Society Rockhounder, and through the media and other practical means.